Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just The Facts...Ma'am

I came to realize when I started this journey as a writer that it comes with hard work. I actually don't mind the work. It's exciting and full of surprises. It is ever changing and I like that. I'm definitely not bored...:) But I am writing this post most because I am working on the edits to Book Two in the BANG Trilogy. I have to admit, this book is unique.

The Title: SMOKING GUN, drums up a lot in a person's mind. What could happen in this book? After all, a lot of people died in the first one. I am asked why I did that in my books--why kill off a large group of main characters.
The Answer: Because the story could not progress if certain characters remained alive. And when you think about it they were only supporting characters in the big picture.
SMOKING GUN is about perception. You had a perception of the first book, BANG, when it was released. You probably saw it as cut and dry. Sex and violence. Maybe senseless sex and violence. But the fact remains that there are still answers needed and yet a bigger story to be told.
When I sat down to write BANG, I could only think about what I was going to say. What did I want to tell? The story mattered and the plot was thick with twists and turns. I decided to narrow the story into a relationship--I know that sounds strange, but I wanted you to think that it was just your average f'ed up relationship...with f'ed up characters who are all out to get one another, when in reality that was only a small part of what was really going on.
SMOKING GUN, comes in with the reveal. The term Smoking Gun is basically telling you here is the truth. Here are the facts and you have to decide what is right and what is wrong, but hold on...I'm not going to make it too easy for you. There is still a lot happening in the story, because there is something looming around in the background and it's waiting to escape...
SMOKING GUN is a straight-up thriller. Still has f'ed up characters and even more f'ed up situations. I'm behind in my edits and I could kick myself for it. But I promise once it is released you will not be disappointed. Or you will and all I can say to that is that I tried. Which means I will still be writing the next book in the series and I will be talking about all three books.

By the way to all my readers thank you so much for your support. I know my books aren't for everyone, but that is why I write two types of books. One set of the hardboiled reader and the other for the softcore readers. I know it is strange to find a writer who writes from both sides of the brain, but I want to capture you all and share with you my talents.  

You can find my books on Amazon: Bang (Book 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment